NEW! Public Health Clinic now open at new location at 650 Newtown Pike
The Lexington-Fayette County Health Department’s Public Health Clinic is now located on the first floor of 650 Newtown Pike.
The clinic is not a primary medical clinic but instead provides services such as STD/HIV testing and counseling, TB skin tests, WIC services, rabies post-exposure testing, family planning and immunizations for children who qualify. Services are provided by appointments, which can be made at (859) 288-2483.
To read the full news release about the upcoming relocations, click here.
NEW! Proper hand-washing can help fight rising spread of gastrointestinal illness
An increase in gastrointestinal illnesses has the Lexington-Fayette County Health Department encouraging parents, schools, daycare centers, food service workers and healthcare providers to take precautionary actions to prevent its spread. Shigellosis is a highly contagious form of diarrhea caused by Shigella bacteria and is spread through person-to-person contact. Symptoms last 48-72 hours and include severe diarrhea, fever and stomach cramps. To prevent Shigellosis, the health department offers the following tips:
- Wash hands with soap carefully and frequently, especially after going to the bathroom, after changing diapers and before preparing food or beverages.
- Do not prepare food for others while ill with diarrhea.
- Sick children and adults should stay home until cleared by a doctor to return to school or work.
- Keep children with diarrhea out of childcare settings and common play areas.
- Supervise hand-washing of toddlers and small children after they use the toilet.
- Dispose of soiled diapers properly.
- Disinfect diaper-changing areas after using them.
- Avoid swallowing water from ponds, lakes or untreated pools.
NEW! HealthFirst Bluegrass moves medical services from 650 Newtown Pike to 2 new sites!
Bluegrass has moved its medical clinic out of 650 Newtown Pike and into two new sites: 1640 #1 Bryan Station Road and 1736 Alexandria Drive. Appointments at both sites can be made by calling 859-288-2425. HealthFirs
t Bluegrass will continue providing dental services at 650 Newtown Pike. Fore more information on HealthFirst
Bluegrass and the relocation, please click here
. We wish HealthFirst
Bluegrass and its dedicated staff the best as they transition to these new sites and continue providing high-quality medical care to Lexington!