MARCH 27, 2020: As part of our COVID-19 response, everyone who enters our building at 650 Newtown Pike will be screened with a series of questions and a temperature check starting Monday, March 30. We have also changed a number of our in-person public health services in the interest of social distancing and because of limited staff availability. Before visiting us, please review the following to see if you need to be on site:
• WIC visits will no longer be
in-person and will now be held over the phone. Please call 859-288-2483 with
any questions or for more information. If you have an existing WIC appointment,
you DO NOT need to call to reschedule; someone on our staff will call you. We
will continue to accept new WIC clients during this time. To learn more about
WIC, visit lexingtonhealthdepartment.org/women-infants-and-children/.
• Public Health Clinic services will be limited and available only as same-day appointments – you must call ahead of time as walk-ins will not be accepted. Please call 859-288-2483 to make an appointment. Note: this will not affect our needle-exchange program or harm reduction services at this time.
• In-person food handler certifications are suspended until further notice. The certification is still available online at lexingtonhealthdepartment.org/food-handler-certification/.
• Vital Statistics (birth and death records) will be closed to walk-in visitors. If you need assistance with these records, please call 859-899-2226.
• We will not accept in-person requests for medical records, protected health information or requests for immunization records. Please use this link to make an online request: https://tinyurl.com/tq5swqc.
We appreciate the community’s patience and understanding as we continue helping Lexington be well while responding to the COVID-19 pandemic.